Forum Replies Created
This table does not fit all environments but it solid wood top and finish is wonderful!
Questions for 55 and up – Walt & Judy
After retirement, many people choose to remodel and redecorate their home to make it more enjoyable and livable. Others decide to move to a new home in a new location. If you have done either of these, please consider answering these few questions about your experience.
• After you retired did you move and if so how far did you move?
a. Yes – about 415 miles (by car)
• If you moved what factors helped you in making the decision to move that location?
c. Lake Norman
• What challenges did you find in moving?
a. Selling previous home timely (worked out in the end),
b. Moving/storing furniture
• If you stayed in your house what did you consider while remolding or re-decorating your home?
• Did you make any changes to your home furnishing?
a. Yes. Donated or sold many pieces of furniture; the contemporary pieces from our previous home did not fit well in the new house style.
• If you made changes how did you get rid of items that you had?
a. Mostly donations to Goodwill, etc.
b. Some were sold at consignment shops.
• What was your best experience?
a. Goodwill, etc. would pick them up and take them away.
• What was your worst experience?
a. Worrying about damage to the furniture during the move (e.g. handling by movers, in-transit, storage)
b. Hauling stuff to a consignment shop.
• If you sold furniture through the internet, what was that experience? N/A
• What did you consider in making you home more livable for the future?
a. We have door levers (not knobs),
b. Framing for a future elevator was installed and dry-walled over
• What resources if any did you consult in making decisions about your home?
c. Interior designer